Here I am at the close of yet another weekend that passed in a blur. One filled with gymnastics, karate, haircuts, new shoes (for the kids, not me...sigh) and not one but TWO birthday parties. Somewhere along the way - after a series of daytime tantrums and middle-of-the-night demands - it dawned on me that I might be losing it. Control of my house/life/sanity that is.
If you're a mom (or a dad, or anyone who has been around young kids for any uninterrupted stretch of time), you've likely felt this sensation at one point or another. I think it hit me right about the time that my 4-year-old had such an f-ing insane temper tantrum that his nose began to spontaneously combust...or bleed, take your pick.
So, in celebration of parents everywhere who find themselves wondering "What the hell happened?, I bring you The BadAssMama's Top Ten Signs That You Might Be Losing It:
10. Your two-year-old thinks he's the boss. And he might be right...
9. Nap time is your favorite time of day
8. You top off coffee cup with Riesling every time you fill your kid's sippy cup
7. You find yourself saying, "Is it Monday yet?" every Saturday around 10am
6. The whining begins at 5:42am...and you feel like your kids are actually going easy on you
5. YOU actually threw the biggest tantrum of the day
4. You consider taking your kids to the daycare at your gym, then going out for a drink rather than hitting the treadmill
3. There is more screaming in your living room than on The Real Housewives of New York
2. You can't remember the last time you made it through the day without screaming "Don't make me come in there!"
1. The thought of being hospitalized for that nagging cough that's been lingering for the past 6 weeks is beginning to sound appealing...