Physician, heal thyself. Do as I say, not as I do. BadAssMama, get a grip.
Yup, that's right. After tomes of self-help and mommy happiness books, I have once again found myself depleted, depressed and down-right exhausted.
Let me explain.
The past several months have been more-than-a-tiny-bit hectic. The good news is that I am more than back in-the-groove at work. The bad news is that with it comes yet another round of the BadAssMama Travel-O-Rama. Between my once-every-ten-years girlfriend's getaway, a speaking engagement at my alma mater and random business trips I have been on the road roughly every 3 weeks for the past 2 months. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it and each of the trips has been successful in their own way.
The past 2 weeks have been particularly hectic. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that I have once again averaged 4 hours of sleep per night. That average likely came down a bit in the past 5 days, which involved:
- An 8 hour trip to the emergency room (long story, everyone is fine)
- 2 hours of sleep before a 6:30am cross-country flight
- Less than 2 hours of sleep on said cross-country flight because my wonderful-yet-very-chatty boss sat DIRECTLY NEXT TO ME on the 6:30am flight
- A 22 hour day followed by roughly 5 hours of sleep (ah, the joys of a bi-coastal career)
- An overnight flight, landing at 6am with a 9am budget meeting waiting for me on the East Coast