I'm not sure how I thought things should be, but mornings at BadAssMama Central are nothing to be proud of. It's like I'm transformed from a loving, relatively logical woman into a raving lunatic with the demeanor of a Romanian gymnastics coach and a dash of John McEnroe thrown in for good measure.
On any given morning, you're likely to hear some combination of the following in the 40-60 minutes between when the boys wake up and when we need to be strapped in the car on the way to school:
- We don't have time to play
- Just get dressed
- It doesn't take THAT long to brush your teeth
- I can SEE you! (typically yelled from the shower or my closet where I most certainly cannot)
- Eat your food
- Drink your juice
- Say "sorry" to your brother
- Stop playing with your hands
- Whoever's kicking needs to stop
- EAT your food
- Put your hands on the table where I can see them
- I can SEE you kicking your feet
- Stop touching your brother
- EAT YOUR FOOOOD!!
It's 8:38am and I'm already feeling exhausted and defeated. Is it just me? Every morning I vow not to yell at my kids. But by 6:48 on any given school morning the screamfest begins. Without fail. I'm tired of being the morning taskmaster.
Is it just me???